Using video for advocacy
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Use videos as a tool to inform public dialogue.
- What are you trying to accomplish? Be clear
- Who are you trying to reach and where are they?
- Keep it reasonable. Dont do too much do less.
- Be creative and experiment. Make it stay out because there is so much out there..
- Case study: street literature (Ryse Center)
- youth response to zimmerman verdict.
- 16 youth.
- The community experience: What needs to shift?
- Impact on youth
- spotlight on youth: shift images of youth
- challenge negative assumptions
- build on positivity
- Evaluate resources --> medium for community growth
- coverage/reach audience