From California Technology Feestival Wiki
- talking about money makes me feel...
- asking for money makes me feel...
- giving monez makes me feel...
- look at our community feelings about money
- fundraising in our own community- we need to unpack
- majority of donations in U.S. came from households earning less than 60k
Lyrics Def. of Grassroots Organizing:
- Bringing our communities into our work- being transperant to where the momney is goin - transperant budget.
- Listening to the vision for the world they want to see and listening to that vision.
- Asking for money dirctly and genuinely in a way that you are being considerate.
- Look at donors already giving and ask for more
- present sucess stories- do not exploit
Daring ourselves to take risks that is empowering to all in the organisation.
Evaluating - fundraising goals - how we can do it better?
- When doing online fundraising (crowd sourcing), profile people instead of the whole org..
- Need to provide tools for online fundraising.
- Fundraising via text.
- Look at staff- driven events v. events done by others.