Agenda Mind Map
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- How to apply and find grants
- Help with funding development to do projects we want to do
- How can groups raise money or get grants specifically for their tech projects
- Interested in grant org. software
- How to engage partners to financing support your work?
- How to keep track of my passwords?
- How can we make PGP encryption more accessible+common for activists+organizers?
- Best practicers to make your info/data secure
- How do you build confidence in mass communications?
- Help understand privacy/security issues for nonprofits?
- How to do an organizational data risk assesment in 7 easy steps
- Security program using technology for seniors
- Maintaining confidentiality and promoting nonprofit. how?
- Best practices around "inbox zero"
- Mobile email
- Effective use of google apps
- Understanding email connection settings
- Best practices for training our people to do events
- Organizing a conference like the tech fest
- How can we better document our successes with tech. sharing our stories
- What technology do youth use for organizing efforts
- When are people motivated to take action? what time of day? what day of the week?
- How do you use collaboration as a foundation rather than just repeating work?
- Distraction vs. valuable investment
- What are the best practices for an outreach campaign?
- Using technology for organzing/advococy
- Online consensus building, how is it done and who should use them
- How to engage our center's youth (13-19) better technology
- Strategies for replicating on-the-ground organizing on the web to expand reach and guage impact
- How do we grow campaigns around taboo/controversial topics?
- How do keep people engaged? what needs to be recorded?
- What are the best approaches to using tech in higher ed? (hybrid/online/f-2-f)
- How to justify brevity to someone who is verbose?
- How do we create useful+dynamic content without the bells and whistles?
- How do you deal with the constant stress of creating new, quality content?
- How valuable is information gained through crowd-sourcing?
- Guidelines for appropriate posting regarding the work
Fundraising on Social media/Facebook
- How can I use SM to help turn donors into fundraisers?
- How can I use SM to find people in the community who are "hubs" for philanthropy?
- How do nonprofits fundraise w/ SM and without capacity?
- How do we raise money for tech projects?
- Tappping into online, ind. donor base
- What is the best way to use facebook ads to drive traffic to cause page+content to donors/fundraisers?
- I have a FB page-- does anyone care? and how can I make it available and clickworthy?
- What are good alternatives to network for good online donations?
- Kickstarter and nonprofits?
- What is the return on investment for social media?
- How to create a better online presence?
- How do different departments use SM without overwhelming the audience?
- How does one create a SM campaign?
- Rules for using SM as nonprofits
- How can you best use each different SM platform? What are they best for?
- How much punctuation fo you need on Twitter?
- How do you justify the time investing in SM in relation to returns?
- What creative strategies are use to gain new likes/follows and engage existing users?
- Google Analytics for website+ SM Analytics
- How can nonprofits with similar missions connect to eachother?
- Is there a (good) nonprofit tech blog or zine or infohub?
- I want to learn more about social network asset mapping and tools that support it
- What are the best practices for self-divided learning to support a NPTech practice
- learning from other people's mistrakes
- how to incorporate popular education into online tools?
- what are non-tech options that you find useful?
- How to best start & support a trust network Nptech capacity builders?
- how to assign staff roles in technology & communications?
- How can nonprofits integrate data connection & analysis with limited capacity?
- tech capacity building
- bulding internal capacity around technology-skills, exploration, structures
- how can we use tech to further our mission? (more members, more donors)
Overwhelm work/life balance
- How to make our jobs sustainable and not to burn out?
- I'm overwhelmed when do I have time to learn on research new software
- What information do we need to build communities? (ie. And not need)
- How to create authentic connections between two distant countries?
- Cross-pollinate and engage online w/ other orgs
- non-profit production promotion?
- How do non-profits store material?
- Non-profit networking
- How do we build positive + productive relationships w/ local governments and nonprofits to enact pos. change?
- How to connect community organizing efforts between the U.S and communities outside of the U.S
- How can NGOs grow their networks?
- What technologies (if any) can facilitate collaboration?
Staff Buy-in (+use) of Tech
- How do we get staff buy-in when we make changes to their tech eco system (network drives, operating systems, etc)
- How do we offer training to staff for for productivity software?
- How can we make IT more integrated in the strategy of our programs
- What is the first step in making an org tech-friendly for staff?
- How to Sway/Convince high-level leadership tomake tech & website a priority?
- How can I best integraate a remote office with our main office?
- How can my organization provide (or other organization) user training/tech training?
Tech. Resources & Training
- Training aud tools for managing information and data for non-profits
- What resources, trainings, etc. are available to nonprofits to aid webiste development?
- How to bridge the discomfort of state to use new tools?
- How do we train on staff to get on the same page w/ now technology in easy & quick ways?
- I want an online inventory system to check in & out equipment
- I want to become better voised in basic web design
- More efficient tools for overworked, underresourced nonprofits
- Where can I get tech training resources for free/cheap?
- How to make online actions more meaningful? (both for constiment lay term carring and policy change)
- The who, what, why of Aspiration
- What was one of the campaigns Aspiration created? And what did the campaign accomplish?
Tech online advice for capacity builders
- What are the best practises wizdom for starting a NPTECH biz that servers nonprofits?
- What are the big tech challenges that face N.P in this room?
- Measuring outcomes
- What are alternatives to Google analytics, How do you use them?
- Using log frames for monitoring and evaluation
- How social justice groups access data for campaigns and/or organizing efforts
- What is the best platform/source for Demographic data
- Linking research data, to campaigns and change work
- How do I do project management better?
- How to manage technology projects?
- How can we use technology to bridge geographic and demographic and economic distances?
- I'd like to better understand rolling out project management software while we ace figuring out our workflow with many projects?
- Project management tools and strategies
- Is there technology that helps with internal management?
- How to create mobile app to create a tool without knowing code
- App or program to do daily sign-in for youth program
- What resources are available for app development or design?
- Mobile apps
- Mobile app training/GUI platform youth & seniors
- Best newsletter practices
- How to write a press releases
- How to write complete sentences
- How do non-profits utilize free advertising to reach teens
- What is WordPress & when to use it
- What is Drupal and when t use it
- How do non-profits choose a content management system?
- WordPress: Simple way to integrate logins for an org; Transition to self-hosted
Responsive web design
- Responsive web design
- What should be static info vs. Dynamic?
- Where to find tech tools for non-profits? e.g. *Trainings/supplies/etc.
- Open-source smartphones – FireFox OS
- Should nonprofits use private or open systems?
- How do we make decisions?
- What are some new technologies folks are using and finding to be effective?
- Wiki vs Google Sites
- Developing web tools that support shared knowledge, shared process, and shared outcomes that are not over-complicated
- What tools are people using to manage communities?
- How do we better promote the use of open source in the nonprofit community?
- What calendar sharing program is most effective?
- How can nonprofits give better services to their service partners through technology?
- Is there a better solution (Open Source) then using piracy (bootleg) software?
- Should nonprofits use technology To reach those with limited/no access?
- Internet access ran change the world: more education, medical access, interaction
- Open Data
- What are challenges for open data?
- Online tools to generate custom maps
- How do non-profit groups utilize mapping technology for their work
- How high of a priority are the websites of other organizations
- Critique my website design
- Why are we bulleting this website tech tool?
- Who makes decisions regarding websites at other organizations?
- Constituent realtionship management systems
- How to start a CRM database. How to choose a CRM
- What are the differences between powerbase & civicrm
- Contact management systems – how to develop + gather + store
- How are nonprofits integrating powerbase/civicrm and an advocacy tool
- Why should we (or not) use a CRM?
- Volunteen management
- Pros & cons of powerbase/civicrm
- Donor management
- Integration/tool management. Keep track of presences subscriptions. Online, etc
- Salesforce vs podid vs basecamp vs asana – with DMG
- Using powerbase, CivicCrm – How to's
Education awarness building of your non-profit
- Avoiding duplication of tech work/storytelling
- How to use tech to:
- enhance the grad studen experience & Raise the profit of the program
- Build & maintenance relationships w/ our community partners
- Facilitate flied pleasant
- prof. Development or students
- Promote ecents to the general public
- Using tech to help us re “brand” bridge color lines
- How can short videos make greater impact on our communities
- How do videographers think about producing videos with complicated messages clearly w/out losing the audience
- Audio translators → developing for rural communities who do not write or read
- To help with Health issues, issues etc
- Gathering critics for musician, a radio show, noboy submitted anything to: How do I branch art? Make it declarable to participants
Cost & vendor
- How much should a website cost
- How much should a website redesign cost?
- How should orgs and the techies that work with them handle ambitious tech projects with small budgets or tight tinninesses?
- How can orgs do tech budgeting better?
- How do you find a good tech vendor
- How to choose a vendor(tech)
- What printer should we purchase?
- Does everyone deserve freee access to internet?
- How do we make tech less evil?
- What do non-profits want to read about in blogs from people who write them?
- How do we engage our target audiences thourgh technology
- How do we use technology to leverage like-minded issues
- How to make information accessible to users
- How to develop organic cooperation between an engagement & an social/ on the media
- Generell mainstream in rural technology communities
- How to manage a large volunteer base that can be activated indiv. Or as groups
- How to become a netwroked nonprofit with a highly engaged fan base
- visual note taking & infographics
- How to better engage for virtual meetings